Congregational Assessment Survey
Overview of Survey Categories and Emblems
Mobility. Accessibility to the building and grounds including parking, entrances, restrooms, and worship space for wheelchair users and others.
- Are accessible parking spaces provided, leading to at least one accessible building entrance?
- Do doors and faucets have accessible handles? Are there accessible drinking fountains
- Are accessible restrooms provided? Do they provide for family or caregiver assistance?
- Are the following areas accessible? Halls? Worship area? Classrooms? Fellowship area?
Hearing. Assistive Listening Devices (ALD) and other aids are provided for persons who are hard of hearing.
- Is there a clear audible sound system, equipped with adequate microphones?
- Are Assistive Listening Devices (ALD) available for persons who are hard of hearing?
Sign Language. Sign language interpretation is provided to enable communication between hearing persons and those who are deaf.
- Is sign language interpretation provided?
Vision. Visual aids are provided for persons who have low vision or are blind.
- Is there adequate lighting in the worship area?
- Are large print materials provided? Bulletins? Hymnals? Song Sheets?
Support. The congregation supports inclusion of persons with disabilities through awareness-raising, education, support groups, and provision for individual differences in gifts, behavior, and learning style.
- Is your congregation aware of disabilities issues? (Thru’ sermons? Awareness events? Education?)
- Are there settings, resources, and training opportunities available to help include persons with intellectual disabilities and mental illness?
- Does the gift discernment process include consideration of persons with disabilities?
- Are there individual and family supports such as emergency funds and caring circles?